ScreenBeam requires Windows to temporarily open a port to stream content to the TV. Click Allow when the message appears. Some anti-virus software settings can be more restrictive than others, and you may not get a notification at all. If you are using anti-virus software and ScreenBeam is not operating properly, you may need to temporarily disable the anti-virus software, and re-enable it after using ScreenBeam. If the problem persists, consult your antivirus user guide for the proper configuration for ScreenBeam to operate.
- How can I update my ScreenBeam Wireless Display software?
- How can I update the firmware on my ScreenBeam Wireless Display Receiver?
- I've inserted the software CD into the CD-ROM drive, but it doesn't install. What should I do?
- My laptop computer displays the following message: "Color scheme has been changed." Is this a problem?
- My laptop computer does not have a CD-ROM drive. How can I install the ScreenBeam display software?
- Should I be concerned if Windows firewall or anti-virus software warns that ScreenBeam is trying to open a port?
- Why am I unable to play a DVD or Blu-ray disc when connected to ScreenBeam?
- Why is my Laptop/PC slow to resume from idling or screensaver mode?