ScreenBeam Wireless Display
Questions about your ScreenBeam? Find the most common answers here.
- Configuration Utility for Windows 7 or 8
- ScreenBeam Configurator (Win 10) User Manual
- ScreenBeam Configurator (Win 8.1) User Manual
- ScreenBeam Wireless Display Datasheet
- ScreenBeam Wireless Display Quick Start Guide
- ScreenBeam Wireless Display User Manual
- ★ Do I need to install any software on my device in order to connect it to ScreenBeam?
- 4th Gen Intel WiDi special features are no longer supported once I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and use 8.1's native Miracast feature.
- Does the ScreenBeam receiver still support Intel WiDi Gen 4 features?
- How do I configure the receiver's general settings including; changing language, rename the receiver, enable/disable screensaver, idling time before screensaver, and enabling or disabling CEC feature?
- I have a company-issued laptop. Does my IT Administrator need to open ports in the network firewall?
- I purchased a USB transmitter and I lost the registration key that came with the unit. I can't proceed with the software for the USB transmitter without the registration key that came with the device.
- ★ NFL.com app for Android gives error "NFL Mobile cannot be cast to another screen. Please disconnect your smartphone or tablet to watch" when playing video.
- After upgrading to Windows 10, I'm experiencing audio and/or video issues when connecting to ScreenBeam, or I am unable to connect to my ScreenBeam receiver.
- Connecting to a WiFi access point with an active Intel® WiDi session will result in dropping the wireless display connection.
- Intel® WiDi does not work after upgrading to Windows 8.1 and I can't connect to ScreenBeam Pro.
- My antivirus software or firewall is preventing me from connecting my PC/laptop to ScreenBeam. What can I do?
- My device has a problem connecting when the HDMI-to-VGA adapter (included in some SKUs) is installed. In some cases, it says HDCP is not supported.