In order for your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 device to connect to the ScreenBeam Mini 2 receiver using the ScreenBeam Configuration Utility, you must have made at least one successful wireless display connection to the ScreenBeam receiver first. You must disconnect from the ScreenBeam receiver before attempting to use the Configuration Utility.
Articles in this section
- My TV only shows a black screen or “No Signal” when I power on the ScreenBeam Mini 2
- My HDTV displays the message "Please wait for USB update..." when I connect the power cable to my ScreenBeam Mini 2.
- I'm experiencing poor performance/latency with my Microsoft Lumia 950/950XL.
- NFL.com app for Android gives error "NFL Mobile cannot be cast to another screen. Please disconnect your smartphone or tablet to watch" when playing video.
- After upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, I can no longer connect to ScreenBeam Mini 2 with Intel WiDi.
- How can I adjust the display to fit properly to my TV screen?
- How can I improve my video/audio performance?
- How to set my ScreenBeam receiver to use the 5G frequency?
- I can't connect to the Receiver with ScreenBeam Configuration Utility on my device. The Utility can't find the Receiver.
- I encountered connection failure with ScreenBeam Mini 2 and my device can't connect to it anymore.